Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Goodbye, for now.

I must admit that this is a bit surreal. It has been almost a year and a half since we started the EverCast Show. Upon anticipation of the grand revealing of EverQuest Next, we first embarked on our journey into podcasts July 2013. The whole idea originated from an amalgamation of love for online gaming and thrill for the new big promises that awaited us at SOE Live. The story itself started on Reddit, believe it or not.

The EverQuest Next Reddit had just come online and we were about 2 months from the reveal at SOE Live when I started to post and search for the perfect team of hosts to make the dream of an EQN podcast a reality. Little did I know at the time, Tannlin, Gogojira, Rek, Fantomex, and more were already creating the spark that would transform the group into an enormous community. A community, that instead of squelching opinions, encourages participants to speak out, advocate, criticize, dream, and share in their passion for not only Landmark/EQN but the entirety of virtual worlds.



EverCast started as an idea founded around bringing together the community. The idea was to first invite hosts from a variety of opinions and gaming backgrounds to discuss and elaborate on possibilities that may be possible in the new age of MMO gaming. A hopeful era of player contributed worlds where the essentials of the lifeless theme park would fade into the distance.

Over time, EverCast grew into being one of the main voices for EQN/Landmark news. We brought together guests from all corners of the community to spread their ideas and let their voices be heard. We have had our ups and our downs, as can be expected with any project, but we continued to push to create quality entertainment that encouraged group participation. Did we succeed? I think so. Could we have done it better? I'm sure. In the end though, EverCast is now its own domain. It is a life that supercedes the hosts themselves and it is a name that I truly believe will continue to live on bringing quality news and entertainment for both EverQuest Next/Landmark, and, maybe one day, all things Norrath and online gaming.

So, here is where my somberness lies. It is time for me to end my time here with the show. From early conceptualization to the scheduling of hosts and often heated debates over the direction of these new games, it has been an absolute pleasure to work with my talented co-hosts. Along the way, I have met more friends than I could ever have imagined meeting. Friends who allowed me to share my passion for virtual worlds and accepted me as one of their own.



The reason for my departure isn't founded in the lack of interest for either the podcast or the games we cover. I am entering a transitionary time in my life that requires more time than I have to give. With a wedding, moving, and a full-time job around the corner, EverCast just simply isn't in the cards. I do not wish to let the show's content falter due to my lack of availability. For this reason, I am taking leave from EverCast with full expectations of maintaining my close friendship with Caeleste, Flattus, and Tannlin and supporting ECast as much as possible in the near future. Do not expect my complete absence from the community either. I have long lived in the world of Norrath and never plan to leave my home amongst friends.

Expect EverCast to continue strong and grow in the near future. I might be taking leave, but the hosts are as dedicated as ever to continuing the name and adapting it into a show that can continue for years to come. This isn't a decision that was reached lightly and it also isn't a decision that is irreversible. However, for now, this is goodbye.

Thank you for all of the amazing memories of ECast over the past year and a half and I look forward to our future adventures together.

-Chad "Chuina" Albritton


2 comments: