Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Rejoice! The Allure of Writing Continues!

It has been over a month since my unbelievable journey began with GameSkinny. A site that focuses on a social factory of user generated content not only provides multiple perspectives and breaking news for all types of games but more importantly gives those marginalized a way to achieve mass views to their writings and musings. There are profits to be made on both sides and the ability to test the waters in a scientific age of experts is both vital and certainly appreciated by this fellow here.

About a month ago I entered what I imagined a faraway dream. It really is magnificent the multi-layered yet linear lives that we live. The way one slight decision and the impact of another can drastically open or close doors throughout a life is something that is near impossible to imagine but like an ethereal being, it is omnisciently present.

The past few years have been a period of growth for me in ways I still cannot fully appreciate. Not only have I had the spectacular opportunity to meet the love of my life but I have had the chance to learn from some of the brightest minds I have ever met. A period of internal transition and struggle to form my own identity is still developing, but for the first time I think a path for my future might be opening up.

I have been blessed with living an amazing and privileged life.  My grandmother and mother have given all they can to make sure I secured the opportunities I have today. Unfortunately, my focus wasn't on the utilization of my possible talents but more of a nonchalant ignorance to the importance of productivity on both a personal and interpersonal level. Big dreams are persistent, but my work towards these dreams are often scattered and without vision. Focus and determination are one of the hardest skills to master but it seems I might have a dream that not only beckons the hard work but provides a not-so-far off gratification to keep my vision.

It is an honor and a joy to be able to accept GameSkinny's Dragon Prophet Correspondent prize. Not only will the 13 year old Everquest lover in me be able to go hands on with SOE's latest game but I will be able to attend the event in Vegas for free with the ability to enhance my writing portfolio and hopefully establish long-term connections for possible employment after graduation. The company itself has been my passion for years and with my current studies of communication and marketing combined my vast knowledge of gaming, I just do not see how it could go wrong. Anyways, that's for another post. One step at a time.

Kelly and I have just 26 days left until we board our flight for SOE Live and head out on our journey across the U.S. and I am starting to go crazy with preparation. I am hurriedly trying to find my video equipment, tape recorders, and get my laptop set up to do both in person camera interviews and many text-based articles with pictures. I just wanted to share my thanks for such a wonderful opportunity and am hoping this path leads to a glorious future. I don't intend to stop, I don't intend to slow down, I don't intend to not let this dream take reality.

Be sure to follow my twitter and keep an eye out for GameSkinny articles out of SoE Live. I may not have the experience but I promise to make up for it with hard work, dedication, and flirting with the developers.

See you all in Vegas~

No comments:

Post a Comment